This copyright statement applies to all photography & images found on this website, and any other sites found on the WaltThirion.com domain. Please read carefully before downloading, linking to, or printing copies for use.
I. Proprietary Rights
The photographs contained on this, and any other site under the WaltThirion.com domain, are the property of Walt Thirion Photography LLC and are protected by United States and International copyright laws. All copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property rights in this site are the property of either Walt Thirion Photography LLC or their respective copyright holders.
All Photographs and Images on WaltThirion.com are copyrighted.
No permission, either express or implied, is granted for the electronic transmission, storage, retrieval, or printing of the photographs contained on WaltThirion.com, other than that which is related to the normal “caching” practices of web browsers and activities such as downloading solely for your personal enjoyment. No parties/individuals visiting or viewing images from WaltThirion.com, may otherwise copy, modify, publish, transmit, or distribute the contents of the photographs found herein. Express written permission must be granted, on behalf of the photographer (copyright holder, Walt Thirion Photography LLC), in order to use these photographs for any purpose that is not outlined above.
Your use of WaltThirion.com or viewing of this statement indicates your acceptance of these conditions.
II. Personal Use Criteria
The following are a list of conditions where Walt Thirion Photography LLC gives individuals permission to link to (or copy) JPEG images and other material at no charge:
- You may print a copy of any photograph for personal reference without further permission.
- Students are welcome to download images and incorporate them into non-commercial school reports, presentations, etc. for free so long as proper credit/citation is given, without my further permission. This permission does not allow any student or anyone else to use any image for any commercial purpose without express written consent of Walt Thirion Photography LLC.
III. Free Social Media and Web Usage Criteria
The following conditions define Walt Thirion Photography’s authorization for sharing the photography, images and other copyrighted work to Social Media sites (i.e. Facebook, Google+, etc.) and the Web, free of charge, as long the result of sharing is a link back to the original work on WaltThirion.com and its subdomains. Proper attribution of copyright must be given to Walt Thirion Photography LLC and include the link to WaltThirion.com in said attribution:
- Sharing of the copyrighted work is for personal, non-commercial use.
- The copyrighted work must not be altered or changed in any way and, other than the snippet displayed as a result of sharing, must be presented in their original form.
- Copyrighted work can not be copied and pasted to other sites. The preferred method of sharing is to use the social media sharing widgets on WaltThirion.com.
- If you are preparing FREE online site guides for other photographers, bloggers, and photography forums, you may make use of these images, BUT ONLY IF YOU ATTRIBUTE THEM AS DESCRIBED ABOVE.
IV. Commercial Use
Those persons who wish to use the photographs, images and other work found on this site in a commercial fashion must receive express written consent from Walt Thirion Photography LLC prior to its commercial use. To obtain consent, interested parties should send an e-mail to CollectArt@WaltThirion.com. In that e-mail the following should be addressed:
- Image(s) you would like to use
- Where they will be displayed
- How they will be displayed
- Intent of its display
- Duration of their public viewing
- Any other information you feel would be useful
Any commercial use of copyrighted works without prior consent is a violation of United States and International copyright law.
V. Copyright Infringement is Serious
The act of infringing on a copyright is a very serious business and is punishable by fines and/or imprisonment. Walt Thirion Photography kindly asks that you refrain from copying anything from the site onto your own media including hard drives, the “cloud”, diskette(s), printer, etc. Also, please do not copy any of the graphics, photographs, images, or articles from this site for your own use (other than the terms stated above). Doing so is an infringement of United States and International copyright laws.